We are a small international association representing around 100 companies located across Europe involved in the paper converting sector.
We wish to appoint a Secretary General motivated to drive the agenda, and to identify and maximize opportunities in support of the industry.
- Promote the association and sector which it represents
- Initiate and implement campaigns, events and projects promoting the goals of the association
- Advocate industry positions towards stakeholders in the European institutions
- Organise and run the day-to-day operations of the association´s secretariat
- Organise the annual association congress
- Membership management and attraction of new members
- Prepare board and committee meetings
Competencies and skills:
- University graduate with a minimum of eight (8) years of professional and/or association experience and a good understanding of EU decision-making
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with an ability to work independently and to take initiative
- Excellent networker and communicator able to forge consensus when needed in a diplomatic manner
- Drive to seek new opportunities in favour of our industry and to implement them
- Ability to represent the association externally, with very good presentation, communication and negotiation skills
- Fluent in English and working knowledge of French, other European languages an asset
The position is likely to appeal to someone who is enthusiastic, service-minded and committed to deliver business priorities. Communicating effectively with a broad range of audiences from politicians and civil servants to business executives, partners and third parties like the press media is an integral part of the function.
The Secretary General is employed full-time and will be based in Brussels.
The position will involve traveling (mainly EU).
If you feel compelled to apply please send your CV with covering letter before 31 July to:
Avenue Louise 250, Box 81, BE- 1050 Brussels